An ophthalmologist specializes in all aspects of eye care, including prevention, diagnosis, and medical and surgical treatment of eye conditions and diseases. Your ophthalmologist provides both medical and surgical treatment of eye conditions.
Your eyes are not only the “window to your soul,” but your eyes can tell you a great deal about your overall health. It is not uncommon for diseases such as diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and autoimmune disorders to be initially diagnosed not by your primary care physician, but by your ophthalmologist. Often, early symptoms of these diseases show up in the eyes so annual eye exams are an important component of your overall healthcare plan.
Dr. Roxana Ursea provides the full spectrum of eye care, from vision correction* to medical and surgical management of eye diseases. Her clinical interests and the surgeries she performs are listed below:
- Diseases of the cornea, sclera, conjunctiva and eyelids
- Conjunctival and corneal tumors
- Refractive errors
- Dry eyes syndrome
- Ocular surface disease
- Inflammatory processes and anterior ocular manifestations of systemic diseases
- Ocular imaging (high frequency ultrasound, ultrasound biomicroscopy, anterior segment optical coherence tomography)
- Macular degeneration
- Thyroid disease
- No stich cataract surgery with latest advanced technology/ intraocular lens implants (toric, multifocal, accommodative lenses)
- Corneal transplants
- Anterior segment surgery
- Pterygium excision with conjunctival autograft or amniotic membrane,
- Sutureless amniotic membrane transplantation
- Laser vision correction /Refractive surgery: Lasik, Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK), Phototherapeutic keratectomy (PTK)
- Intacs (intrastromal rings) for keratoconus and corneal ectasia
- Laser surgery (for secondary cataract, glaucoma)
- Evaluation and repair of ruptured globe
To learn more about Dr. Ursea, click here.
*Please note: some vision plans do not cover vision correction provided by an ophthalmologist. Please check with your plan to ensure your visit will be covered.